Wednesday 5 November 2014

Wednesday Writing : Rouge in Love



I don't know why we fell in love, we just did. I was an intern in Paris and a was working for Elle Magazine in France, and had just came out of the YSL autumn show. The leaves has fallen and the air was crisp, and with that chilly mid-morning it had lead me to La Rouge for a coffee over a dabble with my article on inspiring people. I don't even know when he came in, I glanced up and he was there. And no it was not the cliche movie moment, I gave him a rather scornful loon and turned back to my pen and paper. Still stuck on my piece a hour on, I was presented with a hot chocolate and a 'Bonjour, Je m'apellee Alec', I carelessly looked up and he sat.

We met at La Rouge everyday for that next week, I felt some what alive with him. His hazel eyes like still hearth capturing every piece of me, my scars and smiles. He seemed so interested in what I had to say and wanted to know how I had got to Paris. So I told him about uni and my internship, and my dreams of being a fashion designer one day; and I showed him some of my designs. I had forgotten how to hurt and learnt how to live.

My article is almost complete (a year on), inspired by him. When I read this article it brings tears to my eyes, and I remember how he looked into them; not with just love but with hope. Alec believed in me when I didn't, he build me up and encouraged me. So that brings me to today; I am forever longing to be with him even though he is not around, but he is in a safer place and where he belongs. I know he is with my Grandfather in heaven and they are looking down on me. Alec's eyes told stories of their own and radiated God's pure light and love through them; he inspired me not because he was perfect but because he was real. 

I still got to La Rouge and think of the times we shared, but I am not sad or depressed because he is still part of my life, but in a distant paradise where he belongs. 




''Look into my eyes, eyes 

Eyes are the windows to the soul 

Look into my eyes, eyes 

Oh you will know 

There is no surprise, eyes 

Because love is plain to see 
Look into my eyes 
Eyes''




*La Rouge is a short story of a girl who was in darkness, brought to life by a boy with light. She was taught how to love again and the love of God, through Alec. Not by a 'super christian' act, but just by the truth and warmth of his eyes* 






Thanks for reading
Holly

Where to find me
Google+
Pintrest
hollyonablog@gmail.com



Also available on Wattpad 
Disclaimer - I do NOT own this music, it is just a link to a YouTube video; all rights reserved and respected to the author and producer

(If you have any requests, questions or inquiries please feel free to tweet me, comment or email me) 

No comments:

Post a Comment