Tuesday 5 April 2016

Inspiration grown by Women

It was when I returned from my holiday in Devon when I happened to pick up the Waitrose Food magazine- the March issue. I am not going to pretend here: I do enjoy a flick through a food magazine, the picture all look so beautiful (yes, beautiful) and there is a wave of hope which is created by the effortlessly photo-shopped picture which is the product of the 'easy' recipe...



Limited Edition coffee, Esperanza




Anyways, yes I was flicking thorough the pages and then I came across the 'Women's Coffee' article. It was amazed about what some of the women of San Martin de Pangoa were achieving! So the coffee coming from the farming co-operative in San Martin de Pangoa is being brought as a commodity for the Taylor's of Harrogate's new limited edition coffee (which can be found here), in a country which is still is considered in a 'developing state', to have sufficient female management is unbelievably exciting (and trust me, I rarely get excited about most things).







Esperanza Castillo President of CAC PangoaThe article stated that Esperanza Dionisio Castillo (right) was one of the first female students at Peru's national agriculture university and became the co-op's manager in the late 1990's. Her super management has seen the business doubling its output, improving its quality and gaining its Fairtrade certification. One of the best outcomes in my opinion of this business is that it has established a women's committee focusing on microfinance, female leadership and nutrition.

The association of the female farmers in Peru with Taylors of Harrogate has only strengthened the message of female empowerment as Taylors of Harrogate is supporting equal opportunities in a number of other areas - which is including the education of adolescent girls in India, and the empowerment of women in Uganda, Rwanda and Kenya.

Through the hard work of the women from Peru, they have created this powerhouse of a company which is is committed to ensure a fairer price for their produce, impacting the state of female emancipation not only in their region but on an international scale.



One word: outstanding

This has inspired me to work at my craft more and it really does show that through hard work comes success.

Grown by Women





Thanks for reading
Holly

Last Post - My Week in Pictures...

Where to find me
Google+
Pintrest
hollyonablog@gmail.com

(If you have any requests, questions or inquiries please feel free to tweet me, comment or email me)

No comments:

Post a Comment