Sunday 15 January 2017

Why so blue?

As the Christmas festivities are completely over and New Years came and went, we can all admit that January somewhat brings us all back to reality!

They say January is the longest month of the year as our paychecks don't come our way until the last Friday, as a student I can't really relate as even though I do have to wait until the end of this month to get my paycheck....student finance has my back!

So, why a blue January?

My personal verdict is that as humans of this digital age we are surrounded with what is of the now, 'top ten gifts for that special someone', Jamie Oliver's Christmas Cookbook and MAC's holiday collection.

Without a doubt we are all a little guilty of getting caught up in what we can buy to 'make our festivities more festive'. So when January rolls around we are not only broke but a little depressed that there isn't anything we can use as an excuse to buy (un)necessary items.

Jokes aside, January could be described as a hard month for many not only financially but emotionally. Saying goodbye to some of the things in 2016 which were such a major part of ones life, sometimes for the right reasons and sometimes for the wrong reasons.

I am glad to say a farewell to 2016 as globally it has been a horrendous year and personally not the best year. I have a lot to be thankful for from 2016, however I am excited to see what 2017 brings and where it takes me and the people around me.

Bit late but: hny!


Thanks for reading
Holly

Where to find me
Google+
Pintrest
Instagram
hollyonablog@gmail.com


(If you have any requests, questions or inquiries please feel free to tweet me, comment or email me) 

Last post:18 Things I Have Learnt

No comments:

Post a Comment