Friday 19 August 2016

18 Things I Have Learnt.

As it is my 18th birthday (hbd to me) I thought it very fitting to make a list of things I have learnt over my 18 years on earth, so enjoy!



1. Having a birthday in August is the worst! There are always half your family and friends who are on holiday and cannot celebrate you and being waiting for your 18th is excruciating (yes I could have gotten a fake ID, but I am not cool enough to play it off).

2. You cannot please everyone - sometimes people just do not / want to like you! Just accept it and get on with your life.

3. Wear more colour - it makes you stand out from the mainstream 'masterpieces' we see strut down our streets.
 'Be yourself, everyone else is taken' ~ Oscar Wilde

4. Rochester and Jane are my OTP over Darcy and Elizabeth. I know shock horror in the Literature world, but I find their flirtatious encounters endearing and to me, they are connected in a more emotional sense than that of Darcy and Elizabeth who's (in my opinion) is more superficial...the novel is called Pride and 'Prejudice'...

5. It is okay to be sad - I have had a couple of emotional tragedies so far this year and I've tried to be strong for myself and other around me. Being disconnected from your emotions does not make you strong, it makes you an idiot.

6. Eyebrows are important - the frame the eyes and can enhance your facial features. I support the Korean- inspired straight eyebrows because they are youthful and make my eyes appear rounder.

7. Ed Westwick shall always be my guy crush - he is just beautiful.

8. 'Goals' are not 'goals' - life can change like the wind, you do not know what it round the corner and that is the beauty of life itself. And 'goals' come on facebook... don't be tagging that with a picture of someones eyebrows...

9. *the last leads me onto my next one* Appreciate every moment - yesterday is history, the tomorrow is a mystery and today is a present.

10. Earl grey tea is amazingly delicious! I have never been a fan of tea in general, but working in a coffee shop makes you think what all the hype is about, and earl grey is my newest discovered love.

11. I want to live in London - I absolutely love it because there is always something new to see or do and I am a fan of the theater, love musicals. And good for my bank account and the environment I would not really need a car. Win win.

12. Change is good - being an extremely habitual person I have found change quite difficult in the past, however whilst it will still be a challenge of everyday through out my life I have became more accepting of it.

13. Always conceal the undereyes - it makes a huge difference.

14. Due to its high salinity the Dead Sea allows one to float on the water - how amazing! (just pretend you have not heard that fact before okay)

15. Move more - I got into such a habit of just sitting around, especially since finishing school. During my revision period all I could do was sit around and cram stuff into my brain. Summer kicked in and I would just come in from work and just watch TV! Now I make sure I am out in fresh air as much as possible - even though working 9 hour shifts I will make it a priority to go for a run - it makes me feel great.

16. I am never going to take all my clothes to Uni - which is a travesty because my clothes are like my children!

17. London underground workers are friendlier than one may suppose - when I got a bit lost when in London (self-navigating) I got lost around Regent's Street - a lovely underground worker called Tracey I believe was so helpful and guided me back to Charring Cross!

18. You cannot always trust people that you think are your friends - some will stab you in the back for their own benefit, which is one of life's little surprises. It will hurt at first but then you just need to remember that true friends will stand the test of time - hold on to them


Thanks for reading
Holly

Where to find me
Google+
Pintrest
hollyonablog@gmail.com


(If you have any requests, questions or inquiries please feel free to tweet me, comment or email me) 

Last post: 13 things : Drew Barrymore's 90's style showed us

No comments:

Post a Comment