Tuesday 2 August 2016

13 things: I do before bed

Now before we get into this  - by no means am I saying I have a 'routine'..however there are certain things I do to prepare for bed because they either keep my skin happier or help me get to sleep. I think I am able to skip the usual like brushing my teeth and washing my face - you get the gist...


1) Chill playlist

Music soothes my mind and relaxes me for bed - it helps me to reflect on the day and all the blessings I have in my life. It helps me to prepare my body for rest.

2) Cold cream

I use the one by a brand called Ponds (which can be found here). This is an extremely affordable product which works wonders on my skin, keeping it smooth and hydrated. It is thick and rich in texture but it doesn't make my combination skin oilier, I apply it mainly to the under eyes and smile lines. My great grandmother used to use it and her skin was beautiful. Cold creams were historically used  as a cleanser to remove makeup - women would apply, sleep in it and then rinse it off in the morning... cleaning their sheets must have been a nightmare...

3) 1 glass of water

No only does this help my skin revive it's tired old self over night - it also helps keep my stomach from bloating in the morning, I also find that my under eyes are less puffy in the morning. I do the same when I wake up before I eat anything (for the same reasons)

4) Vaseline 

This is another one of my 'holy grails' (stupid word), I apply it to my lips and eyebrows and eyelashes to condition and encourage growth.

5) Place a jumper by my bed

I do this just in case I have to run out the house in the middle of the house - I know it is so silly but it is just what I do, that is all I can say about it really.


6) Prepare clothes for the next day

This includes undergarments and sometimes even my makeup - I am and extremely organised person with a fear of being late to anything. So doing this allows me to sleep at night! It also helps me to make my morning a little bit more calmer and so I can have a some what relaxing start to the day. I only do this if I have somewhere to be the next morning.


7) Clear away anything around my room

I cannot stand to wake up to a messy room, and I can never sleep in one either! Doing this takes me about 5 minutes which is such a little amount of time out of my day - it makes me less grumpy in the morning!

8) Peppermint tea


Not always but sometimes I like to drink something warm as well as my water - especially in those colder months. Sometimes if I can remember I put the teabags in the fridge and use as an eye pads for the morning.

9) Apply lotion 

Just to keep everything feeling smooth and to help prevent ageing skin.

10) Put away all electronics

This is so important for me to be able to have a good nights sleep and to relax my mind. What has happened in the day it is important to give our busy minds a rest and just soothe the mind. Technology releases energy which prevents us from falling asleep as easily.

11) Read

Even if it is just one chapter it is an escape from my everyday world, it also helps me get to sleep.

12) Open a window

I love a cool room to sleep in - I would rather be too cold than too hot. Also it is not good for the complexion to be in humidity over night - it dries the skin out.

13) Count my blessings

This is the very last thing I do before I shut my eyes, I have so much to be thankful for - cannot let it be blurred out by everyday life, also it helps me to think about those who aren't as fortunate.



Thanks for reading
Holly

Where to find me
Google+
Pintrest
hollyonablog@gmail.com


(If you have any requests, questions or inquiries please feel free to tweet me, comment or email me) 

Last post: Wednesday Writing: Fashion Through the Ages

No comments:

Post a Comment